[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking <some> event. Consider marking event handler as 'passive' to make the page more responsive.

I am using a generator which returns a new date every 500ms and a series of vega-lite bar charts that depend on the date to create a sort of “Poor mans bar chart race” It seems to work however I am getting lots (thousands) of the following messages in the Chrome Javascript console:
[Violation] Added non-passive event listener to a scroll-blocking event. Consider marking event handler as ‘passive’ to make the page more responsive. Should I worry about these? Can I fix these? I am abusing data-flow? I am using Chrome Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit) and my Notebook is at https://observablehq.com/@dmaynard/covid-19-red-state-blue-state.
PS: I am loving Observable and how it forces me into functional programming. I am learning that in functional programming you actually debug the data (and the data flow) more than you debug the code.

1 Like