Thanks for asking this question, and we should definitely create some more notebooks about the Teams product. Stay tuned!
However, in terms of your specific questions, the following are described in our Terms of Service:
You can cancel your Team Account at any time by going into the team settings from your team’s profile page, and clicking on “Billing”, and then “Cancel subscription”. The team settings provide a simple, no-questions-asked cancellation link. To delete your Team Account, email the request to firstname.lastname@example.org from a team owner’s email address.
- A cancelled User or Team Account will be placed into a read-only mode. You may continue to log in and browse your public and private notebooks, but may not create new notebooks or edit existing ones. Your public notebooks will continue to be visible and searchable on Observable.
- Cancelled Team Accounts will become read-only after the end of their current paid period, and will not be billed again. You may receive a final, prorated bill for any users added to your Team Account between your last paid bill and account cancellation.
- Cancelled User or Team accounts may be reactivated at any time.
- We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, but barring legal requirements, we will delete your full profile, the Content of your private notebooks, your Secrets, and any other private information stored on Observable within 90 days of the deletion request or termination (though some information may remain in encrypted backups). This information can not be recovered once your account is deleted.
- We will not delete Content that you have contributed to other Users’ notebooks or that other Users have forked from your notebooks.
- Your published notebooks will no longer be accessible on the Observable website, but copies of published notebooks will be retained, so that any forks, imports and embeds that may depend on them will continue to function.
(This is described in Section K of our Terms of Service )
Please let me know if this answers your questions.