Alt+Tab/Shift+Alt+Tab always captured by Windows

Chrome on Windows 7 and Window 10 (and even if you fix that what if I want to use alt tab?)
Is there an alternative shortcut to move through cells?

(I’d personally suggest alt+up/Alt+down or shift+k/l).

Update: Ctrl-alt-up and ctrl-alt-down are also captured on windows 10 for other purposes. I’m beginning to think you did not test on windows.

…guilty, we need to level-up our Windows testing situation. Thanks for reporting these, and we’ll get the Windows keybindings sorted out in the next updates.

@jacobjensen here’s the change we’re considering:

Before After Mac After Windows Meaning
Alt-Cmd-Up / Alt-Cmd-Down Cmd-Alt-Up / Cmd-Alt-Down Alt-Ctrl-Up / Alt-Ctrl-Down Move cell up/down
Alt-Tab/Alt-Shift-Tab Alt-Tab/Alt-Shift-Tab Alt-Shift-Down/Alt-Shift-Up Focus current/next
Cmd-/ Cmd-/ Ctrl-/ Toggle comment

Can you maybe confirm that those Windows keybindings are free?

Cmd-/ and alt+cmd+up/down work right now on windows 7, even though help shows ‘ctrl’. In case you’re rending help menu dynamically this is what I’m seeing:

Using command key is pretty unusual on windows, but it seems to work so I don’t have a problem. ctrl-/ would work, but alt-ctrl-up/down is used for screen orientation: https://superuser.com/questions/122789/screen-rotation-hot-key-ctrlaltup-not-responding-whats-going-on

alt-shift-up/down seems like it’s free.

Here’s the deployed change:

Before After Mac After Windows Meaning
Alt-Tab/Alt-Shift-Tab Alt-Tab/Alt-Shift-Tab Alt-Shift-Down/Alt-Shift-Up Focus current/next
Cmd-/ Cmd-/ Ctrl-/ Toggle comment

And not a change but:

• Fixed incorrect aliasing of Cmd to Ctrl on Windows, so the Alt-Cmd-Up/Alt-Cmd-Down keybindings are correctly documented on Windows.

Hope that helps!

You might already know this but Alt-Cmd-Up (or down) doesn’t appear to work in Windows Firefox. Works fine in Chrome. Thanks again for the great tool.

Clarified a bit in List of keyboard shortcuts? why, seems it’s related to a shortcut for editable text selection.