Unpublished Bug

Hi Observable forum,

I’m receiving a “Sorry, we couldn’t find that page” when I click on a notebook that I just unpublished. I’m not sure what is going on, as I’m certain I didn’t delete the notebook (it isn’t in the trash folder, for instance). I have tried both Firefox and Chrome in case it was a browser issue but it I receive this error in both cases.

I apologize I’m new to using Observable notebooks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Update: I’ve managed to reproduce this error in another notebook. Also, it appears this error only happens if you do “Publish”, “Set URL” (and “Confirm Changes”), and then “Unpublish”. I don’t get this error if I only “Publish” and then “Unpublish”.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, looking into it…

1 Like

Thanks! Another interesting thing I found is that I could download the source code for the notebook just fine (by going to “Notebooks”, then clicking on the “…” next to the notebook, and selecting “Download code”). I inspected the .js and it has all of my stuff in it.

Update: I managed to recover it by forking the old notebook, and deleting the old notebook.

1 Like

I’m so glad you were able to recover your old notebook! Our engineers are tracking down the issue and I’ll let you know for future work when we have an update.

1 Like

We just pushed a fix for this bug, so hopefully it won’t affect you going forward. You also should now have access to your previously unreachable notebook.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a lot for your help!