My Framework site with blog-like coments

I’ve recently converted my consulting website to pure Observable Framework:

There are several visualizations to showcase the kind of work I do. There are also a couple of particular points that folks here might find interesting:

• Blog-like commenting capabilities
    I’ve seen one or two posts here on the forum that have discussed the possibility of using Framework to write a blog. The obvious thing that’s missing (by necessity for a static site generator) is the ability for readers to add comments. I’ve just begun to experiment with the two different approaches to adding comments:

Both of those posts just describe the commenting system and invite folks to try them out.

• Some comments on Framework and the Notebook
    I wrote up some thoughts on how much I love Observable in general and Framework in particular. At the same time, the post is something of a lament for the apparent demotion of the Notebook. You can read why at the post itself and/or even leave a comment via Mastodon:

Would love some comments on this both because I’m curious how people feel about the direction of the notebook and, also, just to see the comments in action.

Note that the commenting techniques are all experimental and I’m not sure that I’ll keep it going. If I do, it will probably evolve.

5 Likes

Wonderful and inspirational.

In general, at my age I find learning, understanding and managing all these different places increasingly burdensome. There is Observable Notebooks, Observable Framework, Observable Forum, Observable Slack (moving to here), Mastodon, Discourse, Discord, etc.

My love for Observable Notebooks is unprecedented as it has all this in one place, including comments/remarks.

Anyway, I do believe you’re on the right track. Your WNC Viz looks great – as clean and simple as Observable Notebooks.

The only thing I need now is a way to follow you there (RSS? X?, otherwise?). How do I do that?

1 Like

Hey thanks Martien!!

I don’t know - it honestly never occurred to me that I might have “followers”. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you asked, though. I’m not certain that I’ll keep up with blogging but it’s worth thinking about, if I do.