Is there a way to "edit all" or "pin all"?

I’d like to easily toggle between all cells in edit mode (or all cells in pin mode). Makes it much easier to create a notebook with lots of editable cells.

Is there a way to do this? Or maybe this would be a good new feature?

1 Like

You can approximate this with safe mode. Either add “/safe” to the URL in the address bar, or choose “Safe mode” in the popup menu from the notebook listing.

1 Like

Are you trying to make all of the cells pinned for the sake of other notebook readers? Or for your own editing? For the latter case, follow Mike’s suggestion of opening two windows side by side, one with /safe appended to the URL, and the other with all the cells unpinned (i.e. only showing output). Any updates to the “editor” window will be instantly mirrored to the “viewer” window. If it’s for the sake of readers, I don’t think there’s any built-in shortcut; you just have to go through and click all the pins manually. (Though you could probably script clicking all the buttons with a bit of JavaScript pasted into your browser’s debugger, if you think you’ll need to do this many times.)

1 Like

A two-fer thanks! Both very useful and solve my problem.