User Consent

I am just wondering if I use Observable as a ‘Ridiculously Rapid Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)’ front-end :slight_smile: (Ridiculously Rapid Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) development with Observable, Firebase and Stripe / Tom Larkworthy / Observable), is it possible to use some user consent script like Osano? Any policy, recommendation?
Many thanks!!

Good question: an optional link to a terms of service is a configurable field on the firebase login config. I will add that to the example as its not easily discovered.

tosUrl and privacyPolicyUrl mentioned in GitHub - firebase/firebaseui-web: FirebaseUI is an open-source JavaScript library for Web that provides simple, customizable UI bindings on top of Firebase SDKs to eliminate boilerplate code and promote best practices. is settable in uiConfig object.

I don’t have a recommendation for generating those policies.

Worth reading
https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy

1 Like

I am sure you can create a notebook with the Osano cookie consent script by importing it:

I think that should allow you to ask the notebook users for consent, but I have not played with it myself. If you do get it working, please let us know!
Thanks,
Cobus

Many thanks I definitely go for both and I let you know.
Thanks

Csaba