Seeking help with advanced tooltip styling in Observable HQ Notebook

Hello community,

I am trying to build a chart that is close to as shown in the link Air Pollution Data Explorer - Our World in Data, I am not able to get the desired tooltip like shown below Image 1:

Image 1:

Screenshot 2024-07-27 130951

My requirement is, I would like to achieve the tooltip with all the styling & transition effects. Please help me to achieve this in my observable hq notebook.

I managed to build the plot, however i do not know how to customise the tooltip with all the styling & transition effects.

My observablehq notebook: Emissions of air pollutants / WS-Dheeraj | Observable (observablehq.com)

The image 2 below is what I managed to build in observablehq notebook,

Image 2:

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Big fan of Observablehq plot.

Hello, community!

I’ve shared some images to illustrate the issue I’m facing.

As you can see, the tip is being added as a g element within an SVG. I’ve realized that we can’t apply the same CSS styling to an SVG element as we would to a div or p element.

However, I was able to change the background color of the g element using the fill attribute.

Nevertheless, I’m struggling to apply additional CSS styling, such as padding, backdrop filter blur, or smooth transitions.

I understand that SVG elements have their own set of rules and limitations when it comes to styling.

I’m hoping to find a workaround to achieve the desired effect. If you have any suggestions or ideas, please share! I’d appreciate any guidance on how to overcome these limitations.

Thanks for replying. Have a good day!

Maybe this example could be useful? Plot: grouped tips / recifs | Observable

1 Like