Runtime: Need of real offline mode

I am trying to run Observable’s runtime as module in an offline (museum setup IOT machine) mode, using a number of modules. As we’re dependent on some external libraries, I’ve tried to set up an “offline” version of all the modules in this notebook:

When I look at the network activity (or try to disconnect from any internet connection and run the standalone notebooks), here’s what I see:

(See highcharts.js and htl.min.js for instance…)

Is there anyone who have successfully been able to navigate running notebooks in an offline environment?

Did you find this example?

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this! I’ve had a bit more of a look. We have a number of linked notebooks, which I need to connect to one another, which doesn’t seem like it’ll be an issue. I just have to multiply the workflow and connect them with a good old regular href.

But, here’s my problem now: d3.select is not included with the standard d3? How would I add d3-selection to the d3 package? (Similarly, I’m having trouble with the wordcloud addition to highcharts, which I believe probably follows the same pattern…

RuntimeError: d3.select is not a function

Here’s an example screenshot of the result:

Never mind - I resolved it by rearranging the order in which d3 and d3-selection were loaded.

2 Likes