Imports and hover lag

I have a notebook with a pair of charts visualizing some COVID data, but my second chart (a D3 chart that employs a cell import ) isn’t quite working.

Initially, when I was developing this notebook the chart was correctly showing my data. But, when I re-opened this notebook recently the chart displayed the original data instead. I experimented a bit, but was unable to restore my data.

The second issue, was a lag in the interactive hover behavior. When the data override was functional, the mouseover interactivity was erratic: the highlight and hover info would appear for some lines and skip others. Any idea what might be happening here?

We’re in the process of redesigning the D3 example charts to make them easier to reuse. For example, you can now say:

import { LineChart } from "@d3/multi-line-chart"

And then you get an interactive chart of your tidy data:

LineChart(state_data, {
  width,
  x: (d) => d.Date,
  y: (d) => d.Rate,
  z: (d) => d.Location
})

If you’d prefer to use the old version of the Line Chart example, you can instead pin your import like so:

import { chart } with { final_data as data } from "@d3/multi-line-chart@299"

Though, the new LineChart function seems to fix the erratic hover behavior, so I’d recommend trying the new approach.

Thank you for the timely response. I’m a big fan of the cell import concept and happy to see the functionality is continuing to evolve.
Cheers