Embedding Observable into Substack

I’m trying to get interactive chart functionality using D3 into a newsletter that I will manage on Substack. I realize that getting that functionality into a newsletter email sent by Substack isn’t going to happen. But if I develop the interactive piece on Observable, can I then embed it into a page hosted on Substack? Substack doesn’t have much to say about what they allow to be embedded (see https://support.substack.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037832971-How-do-I-embed-media-in-my-post-e-g-images-video-GIFs-), other than from what I gather there’s (understandably) no way to run native javascript there.

Any thoughts, anyone? If not Substack, anybody have any ideas for getting interactive charts into any of the newsletter-y platforms (not talking WordPress here – I mean platforms that handle subscriptions, email distribution, payment, comments, community, etc.). Thanks for any advice.

Hi, I think you’re better off asking this question in a Substack forum. There shouldn’t be any issues as long as the platform supports oEmbed content. However, as of 2020 Substack’s support seemed to much more limited.