A list of caveats and solutions to be aware of when embedding elsewhere:
- only output of cell values, not cell code: repeat code as HTML
- no styling: perhaps reuse observablehq stylesheets if feasible
- share link includes secret API key: presumably it is possible to modify the scene with the key ?
- make sure the notebook looks good with all cells closed before exporting
… continued, other?
- no cell names: repeat cell names, use Jeremy’s enhanced inputs with title option
only output of cell values, not cell code: repeat code as HTML
Yep: embeds are for embedding output. If you want to share an editable, view-sourceable notebook, we still recommend you just link to the notebook on Observable - that way people can also fork it if they want.
share link includes secret API key: presumably it is possible to modify the scene with the key ?
Nobody panic: you can’t modify anything with the key. It gives read permission only.
Thanks for the quick response and the clarification, and for a great place, Having fun