Code over lapping display

I’m seeing code overlapping display on some (all?) pinned cells in new Observable.

@shadoof Can you post a link to an example?

The logical guess is that there’s some CSS that the notebook defines or has been imported in somehow. Hard to say for sure, though, without a notebook.

https://observablehq.com/@shadoof/typhoon-analysis#utilities

There is a little extra CSS in this notebook but I don’t think it should interfere. Thanks for taking a look.

I don’t see any layout glitches in the linked notebook. But, I do know that it’s possible to misalign the cells if you add custom CSS, and specifically if you add margins to cells, or margins to contents within cells that extend beyond the border of cells. In rare cases it may also be possible to add CSS that temporarily disturbs the alignment which may be fixed by reloading.

I don’t believe there’s anything we can do to handle custom margins more gracefully, so… try to be careful when adding custom CSS. Good luck!

Yeah the part you screenshotted above looks fine to me (in macOS Chrome, Safari, and Firefox):

What browser are you in? Does it only appear misaligned when you make some edit or change some input? Hm