About d3 moving bubble chart

Hello, wonderful community! New member here :raising_hand_man: I learned about d3 moving bubble charts a while ago. Then, I found a LinkedIn post regarding that where a guy made a visualization about Australia’s 24H activity. The dataset has multiple worksheets, and I am really puzzled. If I want to make such a visualization on “UK people activity in 24H time span”, how do I arrange my CSV file? What columns would it contain? Would it be a single worksheet? I am really new in the data science field, and trying to learn kinds of stuff. Any answer would really make me happy : )

Looks like an exciting project! Can you share a link or reference to the original visualisation? It’s hard to guess from a screenshot.

Heyy you can follow the link below to get an idea

https://d3blocks.github.io/d3blocks/pages/html/MovingBubbles.html

1 Like

heyy let me know what you think of it. Would really appreciate a response : )

I feel that this looks like a difficult project for a start.

The “moving bubbles” page creates random activity logs, which are not very useful as a template for real data.

From whatever data you have about each person represented, you need to have a function that tells you, based on the current value of the “time” variable, what their activity is. I can try and help if you already have a dataset—I’ve looked around and didn’t find any that would correspond to what’s shown here.

1 Like

I don’t have a dataset yet…and this is where I am stuck for quite a long time. However, I got a vague idea as someone on LinkedIn did a project on this -Sign Up | LinkedIn
He mentioned that he took the dataset from ABS - How Australians Use Their Time, 2020-21 financial year | Australian Bureau of Statistics

For the visualization I mentioned above, one must have the dataset that represents the time distribution of an activity in each hour throughout the 24 hours. I am baffled about how that guy did this as the dataset he used doesn’t provide any clear information about the time distribution of the activity he showed in his project.