visualizing a hub/spoke network on a map?

Is there a map template that supports showing hub and partner locations on a US Map? I have addresses and associations (many lead sites and their multiple, associated partner orgs) and I would like to show all site locations on the US map, and when you scroll over a site/location marker, the connections for THAT SITE to its lead/partner sites appear (making that “sub network” visible within the national network). I started this in Flourish and kept the associations through color, but I need to add the hub/partner connector lines, as well as distinguish the hub locations. This is for a NASA network, and I welcome any recommendations of what to branch from or if a template exists. Thanks for any help!
R

1 Like

I haven’t used Flourish but my impression is that it provides a “point and click” interface to create data visualizations. Observable, by contrast, is more of a programmer’s tool. That allows for much more flexibility but will generally require more work and programming ability - particularly, if you want to incorporate interactivity.

Having said, the map below has a network that allows you to highlight adjacencies by simply hovering over the nodes. The code in this notebook should be adaptable to the type of visualization you are working on.

2 Likes

:eyes: thank you, I will let you know how it goes

1 Like

If you’d like to share the data, it might be easy to create an example that’s more directly related to what you’re trying to do. I wasn’t able to extract that data from the Flourish map.

1 Like