suggestion: give front page space to a coronavirus pandemic collection

Here’s a nice set of “small multiple” charts examining the result of social distancing measures undertaken in US cities during the 1918 flu pandemic, by Nina Strochlic and Riley Champine at National Geographic

Edit April 2: Some great work by James Glanz, Benedict Carey, Josh Holder, Derek Watkins, Jennifer Valentino-DeVries, Rick Rojas and Lauren Leatherby at the New York Times, demonstrating Americans’ reduced daily travel based on anonymized cellphone data

(With the caveat in interpreting the data that obviously people in the middle of a dense city are better able to reduce their total distance traveled than someone living in a rural village. I wonder if there are any better data sources for indicating how much person-to-person contact is happening.)

Edit April 3: The New York Times teams have been doing some great work.

Josh Katz, Kevin Quealy and Margot Sanger-Katz:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Any chance I can have this notebook included in the Coronavirus folder?

https://observablehq.com/@duynguyen1678/propublicas-covid-arrow-map

I’m relatively new to D3 and very, very new to the forum, so any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

@duynguyen1678 - That’s a super fun visualization! Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing.

1 Like