AI Assist chat lost

Using AI Assist in the browser notebook. First explained the overal goal and next some restrictions, boundaries, conventions, and wishes. No code generated yet. It became a quite comprehensive document. Next, added some feedback based on the responses. Started AI Assist again, computed for several minutes, so I thought it had hung itself.

Reloaded the page: all gone.

I understand that data is handled client-side and not permanently saved to an external database, it cannot be recovered once the page reloads.

My wish is that I can prep a spec in a piecemeal fashion and that these steps are saved (like Grok saves conversations which you can continue later).

Thanks for the feedback, and we agree! We are actively working on implementing persistence for in-notebook chats in a similar fashion to our standalone chats (capital-C chats) and it should be available soon. We also intend to support having multiple chats in the same notebook, so you can either switch between active chats, or go back to an earlier chat and review it.