how to overcome `uncaught (in promise)` when reconverting to 'regular' HTML?

Thanks Malik! That totally did get things working :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t say, unfortunately, that I really understand when reserved tags are actually reserved (versus when they are not?). For example, this works without first including <table><tr>...

var case_name = ['case name'];

d3.select('case_name')
        .selectAll('td')
        .data(case_name)
        .enter()
        .append('td')
        .text(function(d) { return d; });

I initially tried nesting a <td> element within a <p> element because it produced the behavior I was after: keeping all the records on a single line. <span> worked, which is great, but I kept running down the rabbit hole trying to get past the errors I was experiencing. Your solution shows that I should have just stepped back for a minute and tried to create an actual table first :wink:

In response to a comment you made in your recent question… I, like you, am learning without any non-internet-based human interaction! It’s rough, I agree. Everyone on this forum has been totally helpful and patient with my questions – which I feel must seem ridiculous to more experienced people, but I keep asking anyway. I’ve moved from never having used any sort of programming language a year ago to when I first signed up to Observable to now being able to make minor modifications to graphs and charts, and slowly I;m figuring out how to move these from Observable back into ‘regular’ HTML. It’s a journey! … So yeah, I fully empathize with you.

Thanks again for this tip!

Wishing you an excellent adventure,

Aaron

2 Likes